Planning a trip for your student organization? Whether you’re going near or far, student organizations must fill out and submit a Travel Request Form at least 4 weeks prior to the trip taking place to be approved for the travel. For international travel, the form is due 6 weeks in advance of the trip. Complete the form and submit it to the Student Involvement & Leadership Center. You will be notified when the travel is approved.
Travel Request Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Private Vehicle Information Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Travel Roster Form – This form can downloaded by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Files” on your tool bar (left-hand side of the screen). The form is located in the folder labeled “Student Organization Resources.”
Motorpool Forms – These forms can be found on the Transportation and Parking website.
Travel as an Organization
If you give enough notice, your organization can really go somewhere:
Four weeks before domestic travel | Six weeks before international
Follow these steps:
- Login to OrgSync https://orgsync.com/login/boise-state-university
- Go to your organization’s portal. Follow the “Forms” link.
- Complete a “Travel Request“.
- Officers/advisor receive notification for travel approval by email.
- Each traveler completes a “Field Trip Consent” form via OrgSync.
- Meet with staff at the Student Involvement and Leadership Center to make travel arrangements.
- Personal Vehicle: each traveler completes “Private Vehicle” form at OrgSync.
- Enterprise Rentals: make reservations and purchases via the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. We can guarantee a special rate.
If your group wants to make a purchase or payment out of its on-campus account, you must submit the Expense Request Form. This form is due at least one week prior to when the purchase or payment will be made. For more involved, complicated purchases, requests must be submitted more than one week in advance (for details on these kinds of purchases, please review the policy manual for student organizations).
Expense Request Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Did you know you can purchase supplies, clothing, food, and just about anything else related to the function of your organization?
Follow these steps:
- Visit OrgSync.
- Find your organization’s portal.
- Click on “Forms.”
- Select “Expense Request.”
- Complete the form. Be detailed in the purpose description and include two officer email addresses.
- Officers receive email notification for expense approval.
- When approved, proceed with purchase.
If the amount is over $1500, advisor approval is required. Some items may need more than one week for approval (gifts, awards, prizes, promo items, clothing, contracts). Food, conference services, parking reservations, and smaller purchases can be approved in one week. For approval of travel related expenses, complete the Travel Request Form, also on OrgSync.
Ready to hold a fundraiser? Want to solicit donations for your club? Anytime your group wants to sell items, ask for donations, or be paid for a service, you must first complete a Fundraising/Cash Box Request Form. This form is due at least one week prior to when your group wants to hold the fundraiser.
Fundraiser Request Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Holding a fundraiser, soliciting donations, or getting paid for a service is so easy. Just don’t forget to submit your request one week before your event (some events need more time for approval so consider applying even earlier).
Follow these steps:
- Visit OrgSync
- Got to your student organization’s portal. Click on “Forms.”
- Complete a Fundraiser Request (a cash box or change fund is also available upon request).
- Make a deposit (cash or check) into your organization’s account. The deposit box and how-to directions are located to the right of the Information Desk in the Student Union. Envelopes/deposit slips provided.
Cosponsorship Agreement Form
Holding an event with another student organization, academic department or off-campus group? Don’t forget to fill out the Cosponsorship Agreement Form. This formal agreement will help you develop an effective relationship with everyone involved and outline important details about responsibilities and expectations. It is due at least two weeks prior to your event.
Cosponsorship Agreement Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Cosponsoring an Event
Follow these steps:
- Visit OrgSync
- Go to your student organization’s portal. Click on “Forms.”
- Complete a Cosponsorship Agreement Form (not contractual, serves to clarify all responsibilities/expectations of all parties involved).
- You might need to submit additional forms (Expense Request, Fundraiser Request, or Travel Request) along with your Cosponsorship Agreement it depends on which kind of event you’re planning.
- Because you’re working with different parties, including the Student involvement and Leadership Center, it’s important to maintain frequent and open communication so everyone is clear on goals and can stay up-to-date on what’s happening.
Locker Space Request Form
Need some extra space for your group? The Student Involvement & Leadership Center has lockers available for clubs to store smaller items and inventory.
Locker Space Request Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Sorority/Fraternity Life Interest Form
Want to join a sorority or a fraternity? Fill out the Sorority/Fraternity Life Interest Form. After you have completed and submitted the form, a staff member from the Student Involvement & Leadership Center will contact you.
Catering Exemption Form
Boise State University meets its campus food service needs with an outside contractor, ARAMARK Corporation. The contract guarantees ARAMARK the exclusive right to provide all food services, concessions, vending and catering on the entire Boise State campus. As such, the University is indemnified from liability. However, student organizations may be granted the right to bring some kinds of food or beverages on campus that are not provided by ARAMARK.
The Catering Exemption Form, below, accommodates recognized student groups who want to provide food or beverages not from campus food service for their regularly scheduled business meetings, where only members of the group are invited and where the public is not expected. This exception is available only to recognized student groups. For more information, contact the Manager of Conference Services at (208) 426-4052.
Query Request Form
If you need to request student information from the Office of the Registrar for use on campus or on behalf of your affiliated national organization you can place your request by filling out the Query Request Form. After your request is received and approved, the Student Involvement & Leadership Center will place the request with the Registrar and will contact you when it is prepared. The query data will be provided to your organization’s faculty or staff advisor. Please be aware that the information contained within the report will be confidential and can only be used for the approved purpose of the query request itself.
In order to complete the ASBSU Funding Application all you need is your name, your club’s name, a description of your event, location of the event and a simple budget. It is very similar to an expense report that you fill out for Student Involvement & Leadership. The next time you have an event, submit a Funding Request to ASBSU. It is just that simple! Please try to submit all requests at least two (2) weeks in advance.
ASBSU Funding: What’s your next big idea?
ASBSU supports unique signature events that bring students together. We offer more than one kind of sponsorship during the academic year.
- Direct: groups are eligible (but not entitled) to get $4000.
- Joint (at least two organizations): each event eligible (but not entitled) for up to $8000.
- Individual student trips/projects: eligible (but not entitled) to get $400.
Timeline for Applying
- 5 weeks ahead for usual events
- 7 weeks ahead for domestic travel
- 9 weeks ahead for international travel
- Event title, date, time, location, goal, number of people, etc.
- Know what can/cannot be funded. Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs at (208) 426-4240.
- Fill out/submit “Funding Request Budget Template” on OrgSync.
- Applications due on Tuesday by 5:00pm so a hearing can be scheduled for one week from the next Friday.
- Attend 12-minute hearing with Student Funding Board to describe the event. Dress casual. Be prompt.
- To make a purchase/pay a bill out of your account, submit an Expense Request one week before spending any money to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. Go to “Forms” on your OrgSync portal.
- For more complicated purchases, submit an Expense Request at least four weeks to make sure you have enough money to cover costs.
- If your request includes traveling (plane tickets, hotel, gas, etc.), submit a Travel Request, not an Expense Request.