Student Involvement and Leadership Center
Marketing Assistant Intern
The Student Involvement and Leadership Center Marketing Assistant works with a team of student Programming Assistants and a student Social Media Assistant to create, manage, implement, and evaluate the marketing for all Student Involvement and Leadership Center programs and events.
- Work with student Programming Assistants and student Social Media Assistant (team of 9 students) to develop thorough marketing strategies for each hosted program. Visit our website, getinvolved.boisestate.edu, for a calendar of upcoming programs and events.
- Create and maintain records of marketing and promotions implemented for each program.
- Develop program marketing copy to be used for promotional materials and by the Social Media Assistant.
- Submit Event Requests on OrgSync for each hosted program.
- Update web content on getinvolved.boisestate.edu for specific programs and events.
- Create and update marketing and promotional images for relevant events using Canva.
- Order printed promotional materials for large-scale events.
- Collaborate with other campus departments to cross promote.
- Reserve marketing spaces such as toilet talk, digital screen signage, Odyssey articles, and Arbiter articles.
- Develop assessment strategies to analyze best marketing practices.
- Identify and test innovative marketing strategies for the department and its programs.
- Strong functional knowledge of marketing principles and practices and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Ability to learn and adhere university brand standards and divisional marketing practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate to and assist all members of our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Boise State University in a certificate/degree-seeking program and, if hired, be enrolled in six credits or more each semester that they are employed.
- Applicants must have at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA and, if hired, must maintain at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA each semester they are employed.
- This paid student position can also be registered for internship credits.
- Starting hourly wage of $8.00.
- Paid summer training June 10 – August 2, 2019. 5-10 hours per week.
- Position commitment August 5, 2019 – May 8, 2020, at 15 hours per week. A minimum of 10 office hours; the remaining hours will be completed via staff meetings, program attendance, and additional office hours as needed.
- Fall training will be the week of Monday, August 5, 2019. Spring training will be the week of January 6, 2020.
- Staff will not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, and two weeks during Winter Break. There will be weeknight and weekend commitments.
- Work Study is not required for this position; however, work-study recipients are encouraged to apply.
Apply using the online application available on our website, getinvolved.boisestate.edu. Applications are due by 11:59 PM MST on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Interviews will take place during the weeks of February 27 and March 12.
For questions about this position please contact Mikayla Mitzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit us in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center (2nd floor of the Student Union above the BRC).